07 agosto 2007

Latin words in the current language

II

Agenda. (notebook).
Alias (dictus). Said in other words.
Alibi. Elsewhere.
Ave. Greeting.
Bacus. Bug
Bis! Please, reply!
Deficit. What misses.
&. And
Ex. Ex
Exequatur. Let’s perform!
Expedit. All right!
Extra. Out.
Gratis. Free.
Ictus. Hit.

Idem. The some person; the some thing.
Imprimatur. Let’s print.
XVII. 17. Anagram of “I live” (participle passed of I live).
Lapsus. Fall; unintentional error.
Media. The medias.
Medium. Person how intermediary
Memento. Remember.
Memorandum. To remember.
Miramur. I surprise myself.
Omissis. Been omitted.
Post. Later.
Placebo. It will like.
Prosit! Benefit you!
Salve. Say Hi!
Satis. Enough.
Snob. Curious.
Super. Super
Ultimatum. Injunction.
Ultra. Over.
Vademecum. Regulated with me.

For more explications read the italian text

Nessun commento: